Bring Mark Barnes to your school
Although my day job is teaching language arts at a junior high school near Cleveland, Ohio, and teaching five online courses through two accredited colleges, I do present locally, regionally and nationally. I am often available to conduct professional development, in which I'll teach your staff how to create web sites, integrate Web 2.0 applications, use social media tools for 21st century teaching and learning or any combination of these. Learn more about individual workshops below.
- Author of Role Reversal: Achieving Uncommonly Excellent Results in the Student-Centered Classroom (ASCD February, 2013)
- A seasoned teacher with 20 years of in-the-classroom experience, who has been successfully integrating Web 2.0 and social media into everyday teaching and learning for many years
- An experienced and highly-skilled speaker
- Creator of the award-winning Learn it in 5 web site
- A Discovery Education Network Star Educator
- A developer and instructor of five online courses that teach educators how to design and integrate all-inclusive classroom web sites, how to integrate Web 2.0 applications and how to use social media to teach any subject or grade
- A published novelist (The League, DNA Press 2005)
- Creator of the Results Only Learning Environment
- A former journalist who covered the beat for two professional sports teams (Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers)
- A department chairperson and academic team facilitator
- A classroom management consultant
- A curriculum developer
- ASCD Annual Conference (2012, 2013)
- Lake County ESC Leadership conference (2013)
- Lake County ESC Administrative Retreat (2012)
- ISTE 2011
- Reform Symposium worldwide e.conference 2011 (organizer and presenter)
- The International Learning Conference (3-time invitee; presenter in 2008)
- IT4ALL's International Education Conference
- The National Principals Conference
- The Northeast Regional Principals Conference
- eTech Ohio's Educational Technology Conference (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Idea Stream: Innovative Technology & Educational Practice Conference (2011)
- National School Board Association Conference
- November Learning Building Learning Communities Conference
- Iowa 1:1 Conference
- Lake Erie College
- Notre Dame College
- Regina High School (one-day web-based instruction training)
- Ratner School (one-day web-based instruction training)
- Cleveland School of Science and Medicine (90-minute Paperless Classroom presentation)
- Keynote addresses -- Numerous keynote presentations on Web 2.0 and social media and engaging the 21st century learner with Results-only learning.
- Concurrent conference sessions-- Fast-paced 45-90-minute sessions on the All-inclusive paperless classroom, the role of Web 2.0 in today's education, getting Plugged in with Twitterand successfully integrating social media into the K-12 classroom.
- See one of the slide shows used to help engage the audience, linked here.
- Full- or half-day school workshops -- When it works with my teaching schedule, I will come to your school and work with your teachers on creating the All-inclusive classroom web site, complete with student web pages, blogs and message boards. I also demonstrate a wide variety of Web 2.0 and social media tools, as seen here on Learn it in 5, and how to seamlessly integrate them into K-12 classrooms.
- On narrative feedback
- On homework
- On Twitter as a professional learning tool
- On classroom rules
- On grades
Many of my presentations are gratis and the workshops are very reasonable -- much less than a full-time consultant would charge.
Still More on Mark Barnes
To discuss a presentation for your school or conference, please use our contact form at this link.